Healthy skin produces many different lipid components including wax esters, sterol esters, triglycerides, squalene and sterols.
Healthy skin maintains these lipid components in a proper balance. This balance changes as we age.
L22 is designed as a human skin surface lipid mimetic using botanically-sourced lipids that can provide the same function as skin surface lipids. L22 delivers these skin lipid components in the same balance as present on a healthy 22 year old.
L22 improves the recovery of skin barrier function better than common emollients. Clinical studies show that L22 also increases the elasticity, firmness, and hydration of skin. L22 used in combination with Ceramide 1 or 2 (also available at LEHVOSS) provides significantly greater barrier recovery than any other tested emollients.
L22 is not a simple blend. L22 is carefully engineered from botanically sourced lipids and designed to deliver the skin surface lipid profile of a healthy 22 year old.
- Jojoba Oil/Macademia Seed Oil Esters: sourced from Jojoba Oil and Macademia Oil
- Squalene: sourced from Olive Oil
- Phytosteryl Macadamiate: sourced from Macadamia Oil and Phytosterols
- Phytosterols: sourced from Tall Oil from coniferous trees
- Tocopherol: sourced from non-GMO sources
L22: Clinically Studied Benefits
- Barrier function, recovery, and maintenance
- Skin hydration (short and long-term)
- Skin viscoelasticity properties (elasticity and firmness)
- Carrier for other small molecules (e.g. ceramides)
L22 Product Summary
- Botanical equivalent of a healthy 22-year-old’s skin lipids
- Improves recovery of skin barrier function
o More than other skin-lipid-like emollients
o With enhancement when used with Ceramides 1 or 2
- Increases long and short-term skin hydration
- Increases elasticity and firmness