Bakuchiol is obtained from the seeds and leaves of the Indian babchi plant (Psoralea corylifolia). The herbal active ingredient has a high antioxidant effect and thus protects the skin against free radicals and environmental influences that promote premature skin aging. Bakuchiol soothe the skin and minimize skin problems such as tenderness or irritation. It is a powerful antioxidant and helps counteract signs of aging such as fine lines and loss of firmness by fighting free radicals. It strengthens the elasticity and firmness of the skin, improves wrinkles, pigment disorders and reduces UV damage, known as photoaging. Bakuchiol also shows anti-aging effects and in-vitro studies have shown that Bakuchiol stimulates certain forms of collagen.
- Bakuchiol is a natural alternative to Retinol as an anti-aging ingredient
- Provides a reduction in fine lines/wrinkles and skin roughness/dryness
- Improving skin tone
- Bakuchiol Source: SYTHEON France
Why MICROSPONGE®N 720BKBenefits in your formulation:
- Provides sustained-release of Bakuchiol resulting in long-lasting availability on the skin
- A natural anti-aging active in a natural cellulose-based delivery system
- The active is photochemically and hydrolytically stable in formulations
- The Bakuchiol in MICROSPONGE® N 720BK complies with NATRUE standard for natural products (www.NATRUE.org).
- MICROSPONGE® N meets the requirements of ISO 16128 for natural cosmetic ingredients.
Typical Properties: INCI Name: Cellulose and Bakuchiol
Appearance: Off-white to light beige powder Bakuchiol
Concentration: 17 - 23%
MICROSPONGE® N 720BK is a powder that can be added in all commonly used formulations. The MSN 720BK is a robust particle so high shear mixing can be used to easily disperse the product into the formulation. No other special handling is required.
- Skin care products
- Make-ups and foundations incorporating skin-care benefits
- Daily use moisturizers and lotions
- Exfoliating gels
- Loose and pressed powders